Most of our gigs are now “unplugged”, as the venue does not need PA unless there is a sound balance issue.
We’ve prepared a longer document here that gives PA availability etc., but here are the main things to know:-
- We run concerts once/month, generally 2nd-Tuesday-of-the-month and not in July/August
- We book a wide range of music – see our gigs page to judge
- Most of our bookings are made on the basis of recommendation or having heard the performer.
- Ticket prices reflect artistes’ fees.
- We generally hope for an audience of 30+ but we can cope with more!
- We make our own posters and PR material, but need good images and blurbs to do so
- Penicuik is very close to the Edinburgh, Leith and Nitten (Newtongrange) folk clubs, so we avoid (mutually) booking acts who are also appearing at these clubs.